Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How Soon?

We've all been there - you meet someone for the first time, but it feels like you've known them forever.  The conversation is easy and the time seems to just fly by.  You look forward to seeing them again and when you do get back together, it's as if no time has passed and you pick up right where you left off.  It's easy and it's comfortable.

I can count on one hand the number of times something like that has happened to me.  Those people became fast friends, people who would do anything, no matter what, to help out or do anything they could to make life better.  Those people left lasting impressions on my life, too. 

I've met another one.  I've known this person for just over a month now, and .... well, I hope this person is around for a long time.  For a lot of reasons.  It's not just the borderline obsession with "Star Trek" and "Star Wars."  It's not just the mindblowing conversations about God and the Universe and Everything.  It's not just the shared disdain for chick flicks (even Brit liked those damn things - "Pretty Woman" was her favorite movie....*shudder*).

There's more.  But it's early yet.  If the years have taught me anything, it's patience.  Well, maybe not, but I do know a month isn't long enough to really get to know someone, even if I do feel like I already know them.  In time....

No comments:

Post a Comment