Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Time

It is my hope that every person who embarks upon a spiritual journey or self-exploration realizes in time that where we start is very rarely where we end up.  I have spent many wonderful and happy years working with people here and across the country, teaching and learning, expanding my knowledge and seeking to understand what it means to be closer to one’s God(s).  I honestly never thought I would come to this point.  It’s something I’ve been struggling with for some time now as I’m sure those that actually read my little bit of blogginess are well aware.
I can no longer work under the title of “High Priestess” or “Wiccan clergy.”  The study group has been on hiatus for a couple of months now, and in that time I have realized I needed to really look closely at what it meant for me to be a Priestess or a minister and it no longer means what it used to some years back.  If I do decide to continue teaching on any spiritual path, it will have to be of my own understandings. 
The non-profit organization will remain in effect.  Pagan Pride Day will continue.  If there is to be a continuation of the study group, well, I have to know there are people interested.  I love having an open discussion group available, provided it doesn’t get monopolized by any one person.
I will also continue to spew forth upon my blog from time to time, maybe about my personal life or maybe about some spiritual epiphany that’s struck me.  However, I do believe I’m finished with politics and pop psychology.  What the hell do I know about love and the human race?  People do things every day that I do not understand, and I can’t pretend like everything is gonna be ok as long as we all have love in our lives (sorry, Sir Paul).  The human life is such an incredibly personal journey for every single one of us.  If you want to know what I think, I’ll tell you, but outside of that, I am completely in the dark. 
Think about it – I’ve been single for almost three years now.
Couple of weeks ago, someone actually did ask me what I thought God was, and what the human soul consisted of.  That was fun.  It helps me to be able to put stuff like that into words, to see if it makes any sense at all.  Which is kind of funny when you think about how irrational the entire concept of religion really is.
If you truly feel passionate about something, follow your bliss.  But don’t do it because someone else thinks you should.  Trust your heart and trust your gut.  Talk with someone if you need help grasping a concept, but don’t just accept others’ interpretations out of hand.  Think for yourself.  It’s ok to get angry at injustices and it’s ok to be happy about triumphs.  Don’t be afraid to feel.  Don’t be afraid to open yourself to another.
(More than offering these things as thoughts to ponder, I write them down to remind myself, because I forget all the time…..)

No comments:

Post a Comment