Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Drawing a Bullseye

Well, Pagans in the Park got rained on. A lot. And from what I understand, there were statements made that celebrated the fact we were rained on. Apparently there are people out there who believe rain is enough to keep Pagans away. Honestly, I was surprised at the number of people that DID venture out into the rain, but I’m bothered by this knowledge that some would celebrate what they see as a failure for the community.

First of all, rain happens, and honestly we really needed it! It’s been incredibly hot and dry this past summer, so I know the rain was welcomed by many, many people around here. Second, there were a lot of events scheduled for this past weekend. This is the time of year for a lot of the smaller towns around here to celebrate harvest time, too, not to mention Cider Days for our own town of Springfield. Third, as Pagans, aren’t we supposed to enjoy the changes that the Mother brings?

Finally, there are some that will never ever want unity and harmony. They enjoy the drama and the chaos, and actively seek to drive wedges between as many Pagans as they can. You know who you are – so do we (“we” being my group – I’m not that full of myself!).

Oakshade Sanctuary is having a picnic in November. Nothing really over the top or anything. It’s just a chance for us all to get together before the weather gets really nasty and have a nice day in the park.

If you wish to view this as a failure, fine. I know several people have been trying to find some way to discredit me personally for a while now. Well, here ya go. Have fun with it. No point in being secretive anymore, is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment